Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Moving Out and Onto the Next Stage of My Life!

True to my last blog, I'm making big changes and following what seems right, not what seems easy and comfortable!! I'm really excited about moving out on my own again actually!! It'll be so nice picking my roommates (even though I LOVED my old ones!) and actually be making money to go toward my housing so that I'm not a poor college student! Even though I will be spending a lot more and could easily still live at home and put lots more into savings, this feels like the right thing to do and will be good to get me out of my comfort zone!

My friends Krista and Nicki will be living with me, and then we're looking for one more girl to live with us and make the rent perfect! It's been kind of a spontaneous decision, but not at the same time! We've been talking about moving out for a while, we just hadn't made it a reality of a plan until this weekend! Krista and I moved fast, we researched apartments online and then today we spent 2 hours looking at them and finding one we wanted! I have to admit, we didn't find one until the very end of our planned search! *Isn't it always the last one you look at?!* We first visited a few apartment/town houses that seemed perfect for us online and we were really excited about! There was one that was fairly decent and had Krista a little excited, but I just felt meh on it! We drove around for a while trying to find some "Hidden Apartments", and had given up and decided to just get lunch and go home, but then I suggested that we go look at one more, just for kicks and giggles!

As soon as we walked in to the Cherry Lane office, I knew those apartments were going to love me, and I was going to love them! It reminded me a lot of my old complex and their office/clubhouse area, and the outside was just so open and nice and the buildings looked cute on the outside! Although the rent on these were still just as high as the others almost, they come with a washer and dryer not just hookups, the floor plans are amazing, and we've decided to go with a 3 bedroom! In the 3 bedroom, the master is big enough to fit two twin bed easily and have more space, plus they have a nice big window and a huge closet, and they'll also share the private bathroom! The two other bedrooms are much smaller, but have big closets and they'd share a bigger main bathroom that would be used by our visitors too! All of the apartments have patio/deck/balconies, a big storage area outside, and if you're on the top floor, you get a fireplace! There's even a little office/study nook that has a door on it with a desk inside!!! The comples has a heated pool, playground, nice workout room, and bbq area for parties and such! Spliting the rent between 4 girls, and even 3 if we decide to, is a lot cheaper than other places and we feel like the place is a lot nicer!
It was amazing to me how well this fit into our plan, even the time period that we want to move in was perfectly timed with this! Some of the other ones we'd have to move in sooner to get better deals or even just to get an apartment! There's no doubt in my mind that the Lord provides after effort and willingness on our parts, and I'm so excited!!! We have about 5 months until we plan on moving, and until then I'm going to save, save, save and search for good deals on some furniture!!
I'm ready for this new adventure in life, and I can't wait to see what it has in store for me! It may not be what I'd originally thought my plan would be, but I'm seeing more everyday how this is the better path for me and will be good!!!

2 comments:

  1. WOW that is a big change. 1100 square feet! Nice! Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete