It's a little crazy thinking about how old we are! My little brother, going on a mission already!? I'm super excited for him though!! I think I was the most excited in the whole family! I was dying with anticipation all week knowing that his call might come on Wednesday, and when the post office didn't call us that morning, I still had hope that maybe, just maybe it'd be in the mailbox!!I went on a walk to deliver some fliers that morning, and when I was on my way back up the street to my house I saw the mailman across the street delivering the mail, so I started walking really fast to get to mailbox and see if there was anything exciting in there! I think the whole way up there, I kept thinking that I was expecting too much! When I opened the mailbox, I saw the return address of the church on a huge white envelope at the bottom of the pile and I started jumping up and down! It's rather difficult to get things out of a small space when you're jumping up and down and can't stop! I danced the whole way up the driveway and ran around in little circles waiting for the garage to open and my mom to answer her phone! I'm pretty sure I was skipping, hopping, galloping, dancing, running, etc. around my house and kitchen because I was ECSTATIC!!!!!
I called Ryan at least 3 times during the day to ask him how he was feeling, and he always had the most monotone voice and would tell me, "Amberly, it doesn't matter if I'm nervous or excited or anything else, it's not going to change my call, so I'm not any of them!" He was so frustrating!!!!! I kept trying to explain to him why he should be bouncing off the walls like I was, but he'd just say, "Ok........." in this tone that said, 'You are the most wacked out individual I know!'
When we got to Provo and had picked Ryan up, he decided that he didn't want to open his call until after we'd had dinner! Are you kidding me dude, I've been waiting since 10 this morning!!!!!!!!! All through dinner, I'm pretty sure I was overly obnoxious because I was so antsy and anxious and Ryan just sat there calmly eating his food super slow and not caring! (You have to understand, I'm the slowest eater on the face of the planet and I was done with my food first! Ryan's the fastest snarfer, and he was the last one done!) And could we please not have a scenic walk on the way out of the restaurant!? Walk with a purpose people!!!
Finally he opened his call! I recorded the whole thing, being annoying and loud the whole time because all my bottled up energy was gushing out, but oh well! He had to start over like 3 times to get the "dramatic reading voice" just right, but it didn't take long for him to get to the line that said, ".....the Pennsylvania Philidelphia mission..."! I squealed...of course...and then everyon was talking at once, asking questions, Ryan was still trying to read the rest of the letter and let out an exclamation of, "Yes!!! Philly cheesesteaks!!!!" somewhere in the middle! If the emotions in that car had been bottled, we could've provided energy for the whole city in Monsters Inc. for about 10 years I'm pretty certain!!
We are really proud of Ryan, and super excited! He reports to the MTC on June 16th, and since he's going English speaking, he won't be stuck there for very long and will be able to start teaching at full capacity right when he gets out into the field! :) Congrats bro!!!!











No comments:
Post a Comment