Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Two Weddings, Loads of Fun!

I recently had 2 of my closest, dearest friends get married!! They were both gorgeous brides and I love the men they married; they chose well and those guys are lucky!!!

On May 15th, my pal Kenzie got married in the Salt Lake Temple! She married the nerdy, but marvelous Sam! It was the perfect day for a wedding! The sun was out, it was warm but not hot, her day was beautiful!!! I got the privilege of doing her hair that morning, and talking with her before she became officially a wife! When she came out of the temple, she was stunning and their reception was amazing! They had amazing food, the backyard was gorgeous, and so many people came to share in the joy! My new friend Caitie and I ended up singing the song that Kenz and Sam danced to before departing that night, and I couldn't help but smile the whole time watching them! I was responsible for making sure the car stayed safe! No worries though, we got the boys involved with our window crayons and had a lot of fun so they didn't leave in a lame vehicle! I made a lot of new friends that day/night, and enjoyed celebrating Kenzie and Sam's happy day! I'm so glad she invited me to be part of it!
Brittany was my other friend to get married, and she got married a week ago on May 18th, also in the Salt Lake Temple! The funny thing about Britt's wedding is this; engagements, bridals, wedding.....all happened on rainy, dreary days! Her wedding was in the morning, and the rain was pretty nice, just not convenient for pictures and wedding attire! (I did thoroughly enjoy splashing in the puddles though!) Her wedding luncheon was held at 'The Lion House' and it was DIVINE!!!!! Her reception was gorgeous too! We *cough* decorated *cough* her car, in the rain, so it made an even bigger mess than originally planned! I caught the bouquet at this reception, and also was being introduced to all of Britt's single male cousins in attendance! I think the line I heard from her Grandpa's mouth the most that night was, "Have you met my grandson who's single?" or, "Have I introduced you to my grandson yet?! He's single!" Congrats to Britt and Shawn, you guys are awesome!
All in all, this year's wedding season has been a success and I look forward to the rest of my friends, who I feel confident will be married this year, letting me join in their festivities too! You girls (and guys) are all awesome and I'm so happy for all of you!!!

(I apologize for the lack of pictures in this post! Blogger and I are struggling tonight, plus, I really didn't have much time to do this post and I've needed to for about a week now! If you would like to see the pictures, look at them on my facebook, there are a lot of fun ones!)


No comments:

Post a Comment