Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Star Wars Nerd Fest

My dad recently acquired some new toys for our basement! He bought a bigger and nicer TV for upstairs and they got him to upgrade the TV by bribing him with a blu-ray player and surround sound! Well, these have now been installed into our basement and my brother decided to have a Star Wars movie marathon today and try out the new equipment!
The marathon started at 7 this morning and went until 7 tonight! When I left for work around 7:30, there were only two people down there watching and they slowly trickled in until I got home around lunch time! Reid had texted me asking if I wanted to be in their Battlefront tournament while I was in between work and work, so I got curious and entered the deep, dark basement for a peek! The things that I saw were ever so entertaining! They had our 2 older TV's hooked together for the video game playing, and then they were still watching Star Wars on the other TV! Star Wars fest indeed!!!! It made my day!! I was told later that one of the boys even brought his lightsabers to use, but they never got brought out and used!
I'm not sure why all their festivities were so enjoyable to me, but I got a big kick out of them, as nerdy and weird as they seemed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment