I have decided to start a museum of all the injuries that I collect for myself. If I did that, this week would make me a lot of money. (Provided I was paying myself for my contributions to the museum.) I don't know what my deal is, but I am having some serious struggles keeping myself safe and unharmed.
Last week I ended my work week with 3 cuts on my hands from my shears, I do that frequently for a week at a time, and then I'll be fine. I end up with bandaids all over my fingers and I'm sure my clients are always a bit hesitant when I take the scissors in my hand, but really, it's only myself that has ever gotten sliced by my shears. Knock on wood!
On Thursday, I was making cupcakes and discovered that I should always use oven mitts, no matter how hard it is for me to function, at least they're safer for myself than the hot pad. If the baked goods have to suffer, it'll be ok.....I think. I ended that baking episode with two lovely burns on my right hand. That's what happens when you have pans on two separate racks and they're really close to each other, it's hard to get those things out without hitting your hand on the top rack. This was my resulting beauty mark:
Surprisingly, my burns didn't hurt until Saturday or Sunday when they all of the sudden looked like this:
Not only did I have burns on my hands, I somehow acquired a massive bruise on my hip and I don't really know where it came from.
Tonight, I was out on my nightly run with Kirsten and I had a little spill. You see, there is this square of sidewalk on Main Street that ALWAYS tries to trip me when I'm running past, but never once has it succeeded in taking me down. Tonight, I hit the raised slab and I was down on the ground. Stupid concrete, he won the battle!!! I have beautiful scrapes on both of my knees, a gash on my elbow, bruised palms and I think I'll have more random bruises all over tomorrow because I'm stiff and sore. My lovely knee looks like this:
I might just have to be a mummy for Halloween at the rate I am going. It would make my costume pretty easy, I'll be covered in enough bandages by that point anyway.














lol, I like the Mummy part at the end! I'm sorry you had so many injuries this weekend!
ReplyDelete