On Saturday, I had a much needed girls day away with two of my closest and very best friends! We really enjoyed ourselves! We had pedicures at this salon, and they were fabulous!!! It was so nice to sit in the massage chairs for over an hour and have my feet pampered. My poor feet have so many issues and have really been needing it! Plus, now I have these cute toes to look at all the time:
Good thing it's starting to be flip flop weather, my toes are ready to be free!!!
We ate some pasta and garlic bread at Cicero's on Main Street and then visited our favorite Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. I could've spent my allotted money for the day in that store because it is SOOOO delicious, but I resisted. Camile and I got massive rice krispie treats and ate them in the car while Kylee ate her chocolate that had a little bit of everything in it! What girl doesn't need a good dose of chocolate every once and a while!?
Shopping was kind of a bust, I spent more at Bath and Body Works than I did on clothes. I think that my one shirt I ended up finding cost less than any of our other activities for the day. I even spent more on chocolate than I did on clothes, but that's ok.
The part of the day that was probably the most enjoyable would have to be the discussions we had on the car ride up. It's always so great to have some time with friends to be able to catch up and talk about life and how fast it changes. That was one of our main topics of discussion actually, the crazy things that life has been throwing at us and how much we love it lately! The last time we went to Park City was in October with a huge group of girls for an overnight extravaganza (I just wanted to use that word because it's fun!) Most of us at that point were not in relationships or in complicated relationships, with the exception of a couple married or happily in love gals. Camile, Kylee and I happened to be one of the frustrated ones who were sick of the dating game and guys who seem great to begin with and always leave you disappointed. That wasn't even five months ago and all three of us have found an amazing guy and are happily in love, even though it happened in different time frames and we're all in different stages of the relationship.
I love looking back at my journal and thinking about all of the thoughts I have had over the years about life and love and all of the events that they bring. At some points you think it's never going to end or you're so frustrated that you just want to give up. The frustrations and problems in life never end, they're just different in nature. You might look at another person's life and think that they have it good and if you could get to that point, your life would be perfect. This is the time of life when I think that type of thinking is really prominent because after high school everyone scatters and your life is no longer on pretty much the same course or at the same point as all of your peers. I love my little adventures, and I'm loving learning as I get there. I'm making some awesome friends and doing some awesome things. Most importantly, I'm learning that John Michael Montgomery's song 'Life's A Dance' applies to me quite well.
Sink or swim you've got to give it a whirl
Life's a dance you learn as you go
Sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow
Don't worry 'bout what you don't know
Life's a dance, you learn as you go
The longer I live the more I believe
You do have to give if you want to recieve
There's a time to listen, a time to talk
And you might have to crawl after you walk
Had sure things blow up in my face
Seen a long shot win the race
Been knocked down by the slamming door
Picked myself up and came back for more
Life's a dance you learn as you go
Sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow
Don't worry 'bout what you don't know
Life's a dance you learn as you go
Friday, March 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













No comments:
Post a Comment