Monday, September 17, 2012

I'm Just Average

I know a lot of people who have always lived for amazing GPA's. It was like a competition with themselves every semester, and they were always so bugged if they got even one A-. I applaud people like that! They are a lot more motivated and care more than I do. The only time I ever got a 4.0 was when I was in eighth grade and bribed with the incentive of being able to wear makeup if I got one. And in college, I most of the time was just happy to pass my classes. But that's all about to change.

This past semester, I got a really great GPA and it felt really good! This semester I started thinking thinking that it would be great to set a goal for myself and get a 4.0 again. I realized that this would take a lot of effort on my part for a few reasons: 1. I'm in stats this semester and math is not my strong point, I've been excited to get a B in the last two math classes that I took. 2. Sometimes homework is my last priority and I would rather clean my house, work on a project or go out and do something fun instead. 3. I have a million other things going on in my life and time to do homework is really short, so I have to stay up late or say no to myself when something else appealing comes up.

As a reward for my achieving my goal, I decided that I will buy myself a new laptop. This is something that I've been wanting for a year or so and now I'm starting to need one because my laptop is beginning to struggle. I think that just having the goal of a 4.0 has been incentive enough for me so far because I'm more excited about getting the great GPA than I am about getting my new laptop and I'm REALLY excited to get a new laptop.

Having a great goal has helped me a lot this semester so far. When I'm tempted to not give an assignment my full effort and attention, I just remember that every point counts and if I'm going to slack on one assignment, my grade will suffer.

No comments:

Post a Comment