A lot of people see some moments in life as a struggle or a setback, but I like to call them adventures! Those unplanned moments usually lead to laughter, excitement and sometimes an opportunity to learn and grow.
My first car was fondly named The Adventure Mobile. There was a sign in front of each seat with a crazy picture of me and a note welcoming my passengers to the car, reminding them to fasten their seat belts, keep hands and feet inside the car at all times and enjoy the ride. I even had my life motto posted on the dashboard where I could see it. That car was our bus to fun, and we made a lot of memories in it.
Being out of school this semester and having more free time to do spontaneous and random things has reminded me how much I miss having adventures! I have let the OCD planner in me squish the adventure lover into a little box and put it in a corner. The further into summer we go, the more flexible and open I am to whatever comes my way! I hope I can continue with this attitude after school starts up again. I feel less anxious and stressed when I have adventures, I laugh more and my husband and I have more fun together!













Ahh, it's so nice to know that I'm not the only one who sometimes lets my crazy side overrule my fun side! I'm inspired by this post - I'm going to start making time for random adventures to happen in my life too, and stop trying to plan everything down to the minute. :)
ReplyDeleteI hear you on that. Sometimes I let plans stop me from living life. I am working on being more spontaneous but it's really hard to do. I guess I will have to plan a day to be spontaneous and fun again. Thank God my husband still has his wild side!
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh I love that you had pictures welcoming people to your car. that is hilarious and awesome. cheers to all future adventures
ReplyDelete