A few months ago, I had a conversation with my good friend Lisa (she probably doesn't even remember having this conversation with me) about all of those popular games that people play and send you Facebook requests for.
Lisa: Do you play candy crush?
Amberly: No... do you?
Lisa: I just downloaded it right now.
Amberly: I've heard a lot about it from people, but I just got rid of Words with Friends a few months ago and at one point was addicted to Farmtown or something. I vowed never to get addicted to another game. I spent at least 3 hours a day harvesting and planting my own crops and working on other people's farms. Such a waste of time hahahaha.
(Obviously my Farmtown addiction happened when I had a lot more free time, before school, marriage and full time jobs.)
Lisa: WHAT?!
(Yep, I was pretty much pathetic...)
Amberly: A friend in cosmetology school introduced met to it and I was addicted. I didn't really have much of a life for a few months after I graduated because all of my friends were on missions, away at college, or married, so I'd sit in my room and work on my virtual farm hahaha, it sounds so ridiculous!
Lisa: wowwwww
hahaha
Good thing you discovered blogging so you can waste time on that! ;)
Amberly: That was like four years ago though, so don't judge me too harshly ;)
At least blogging is a sort of productive time waster right?
I had so much money in Farmland..... if only I could have been that productive and rich in real life...
I will admit, I played Angry Birds for a few weeks, but only four five or ten minutes a day and I usually ended up handing my phone to Joe so he could pass the level I was on because I didn't have the patience. For a while I played Words with Friends during my lunch break and every night before bed, but then I got really into blogging (my marriage blog) and kept neglecting my games with people, so I just got rid of it.
Games like that are super addicting, you play and play and feel so productive and really, you haven't accomplished anything worthwhile. I decided that for me, that just wasn't something that I needed because I have other things that I'd rather spend time on and growing virtual crops just isn't one of them.
Lisa: Do you play candy crush?
Amberly: No... do you?
Lisa: I just downloaded it right now.
Amberly: I've heard a lot about it from people, but I just got rid of Words with Friends a few months ago and at one point was addicted to Farmtown or something. I vowed never to get addicted to another game. I spent at least 3 hours a day harvesting and planting my own crops and working on other people's farms. Such a waste of time hahahaha.
(Obviously my Farmtown addiction happened when I had a lot more free time, before school, marriage and full time jobs.)
Lisa: WHAT?!
(Yep, I was pretty much pathetic...)
Amberly: A friend in cosmetology school introduced met to it and I was addicted. I didn't really have much of a life for a few months after I graduated because all of my friends were on missions, away at college, or married, so I'd sit in my room and work on my virtual farm hahaha, it sounds so ridiculous!
Lisa: wowwwww
hahaha
Good thing you discovered blogging so you can waste time on that! ;)
Amberly: That was like four years ago though, so don't judge me too harshly ;)
At least blogging is a sort of productive time waster right?
I had so much money in Farmland..... if only I could have been that productive and rich in real life...
I will admit, I played Angry Birds for a few weeks, but only four five or ten minutes a day and I usually ended up handing my phone to Joe so he could pass the level I was on because I didn't have the patience. For a while I played Words with Friends during my lunch break and every night before bed, but then I got really into blogging (my marriage blog) and kept neglecting my games with people, so I just got rid of it.
Games like that are super addicting, you play and play and feel so productive and really, you haven't accomplished anything worthwhile. I decided that for me, that just wasn't something that I needed because I have other things that I'd rather spend time on and growing virtual crops just isn't one of them.












I will admit I was a teensy bit addicted to Candy Crush, but I realized the same thing you did--so much time wasted. Blogging is definitely a more productive hobby :)
ReplyDeletehaha. i gave up on candy crush pretty quickly similar to your angry birds issue - couldn't pass it, passed it on, then hubby got addicted to it because i kept passing on to him - oops!!! Never played it again after that - both of us. Definitely understand the time wasting of it though - it sucks away time very quickly!
ReplyDeleteI'm thankful that I never got into the Candy Crush Mania - my time gets sucked away by social media already!
ReplyDelete