Have you ever noticed how we all run pretty much on the same time schedule every day/week/month/year!? Yes, we may have some changes or breaks to our monotonous routine, but no matter what, we usually do the same things day by day around the same time! Well, I've discovered that this doesn't just apply to humans! On Mondays I work at my Dad's office in South Salt Lake, answering phones and doing other random odd jobs! Next to my desk is a huge window and I have a fairly good view! Every time I am here, around 11am, I notice this huge flock of birds flying around and lately, I've taken the time to stop and watch them! These bird circle the same group of buildings who knows how many times, (one day I'll try to count), then they all land on a power pole directly southwest of the building they circle, and slowly, one by one they fly to the billboard just west of that power pole they just landed on! I can't tell you why this intrigues me so much, maybe it's the OCD in me, but I really love to watch them every Monday at 11 on the dot! Oh dang, another thing I've added to my routine! :P
Monday, January 18, 2010
Even the Birds
Have you ever noticed how we all run pretty much on the same time schedule every day/week/month/year!? Yes, we may have some changes or breaks to our monotonous routine, but no matter what, we usually do the same things day by day around the same time! Well, I've discovered that this doesn't just apply to humans! On Mondays I work at my Dad's office in South Salt Lake, answering phones and doing other random odd jobs! Next to my desk is a huge window and I have a fairly good view! Every time I am here, around 11am, I notice this huge flock of birds flying around and lately, I've taken the time to stop and watch them! These bird circle the same group of buildings who knows how many times, (one day I'll try to count), then they all land on a power pole directly southwest of the building they circle, and slowly, one by one they fly to the billboard just west of that power pole they just landed on! I can't tell you why this intrigues me so much, maybe it's the OCD in me, but I really love to watch them every Monday at 11 on the dot! Oh dang, another thing I've added to my routine! :P
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











I'm pretty sure we are alike in that we are both OCD. Don't ya love being that way!? I do on occassion and other times i wish i would take a chill pill.
ReplyDeleteYou crack me up. I would definitely count how many times they circle. I'm curious to find out the number!
ReplyDelete