Monday, March 15, 2010

The Most Random Game Ever-Quelf

One thing you may not know about me is that I LOVE to play games!! Board games, card games, video games (only some), group games, all types, I love them! I have a friend who likes games probably more than me, and he introduced me to this great game a week ago:
This game is kind of a mix between Curses and Truth or Dare to me, which sounds a little dangerous, but it's really not all that bad, and it's really fun! I think it'd be fun to play this game and just never have a winner really, because you could keep going for hours! The game board is a spiral and all the squares are different colors that match up to the cards!

Each card is a different type and has different things for you to do on it! There are stuntz, showbiz, quizzle, rulez, and scatterbrainz cards!

The stuntz cards are random things that they make you do, and if you don't do the stunt, you have to go back however many spaces are at the top of the card! Most cards have an extra credit challenge that you or one of your opponents gets to do also! I think one of my stuntz was to attempt to do the splits, and then if me and the opponent to my right could successfully do a full split, we could go ahead the number of spaces!

Showbiz cards are my favorite, just because you have an excuse to be totally goofy and make a fool of yourself! I know that the first showbiz card I got, I had to run around the room in slow motion, humming the Chariots of Fire theme song and I couldn't have any less than 4 seconds between each step! Another one I had to hula until the timer ran out, and create my own music! Most of the showbiz cards are timed, and have the same penalty rule!

Quizzle cards are basically just trivia, but they're totally random trivia questions that nobody would really know off the top of their head, so you have to guess or think about it really hard! One of mine was 'How many ways can you make change out of a dollar?' And after each trivia question there's an extra credit question that's equally ridiculous!

Rulez cards are the ones that remind me of Curses! There are global rules, action rules, and talking rules! You can have one talking and one action rule in front of you at a time and there can be one global rule going around the board! Once another rule of that kind is drawn, the rule in play is thrown out and the new rule begins, so you don't get tired of them like Curses! Your penalty for getting caught not following a rule is going back spaces! One of my verbal rules was to slap my leg and say "Waka, waka, waka" anytime somebody laughed! And one of the global rules we had was that the girl who had drawn the rule had to create a new word at the beginning of each of her turns and write it down on a paper, then at the beginning of each players turn, we had to use all of the words in a sentence! The best part about it was, you could make the word mean whatever you wanted to!

Scatterbrainz cards were pretty entertaining too! When somebody draws one, there is a topic on it, ie legitimate excuses for why your homework isn't done, or holiday songs! You basically go around the board naming things off until somebody either can't think of an answer or repeats one that's already been said!

The characters in this game are pretty entertaining too! I was Queen Spatula:Depending on who your character is, some of the cards randomly say; if you are so and so and you drew this card, do this! It can get you further on the board for doing nothing at all, or you can get points out of somebody else's turn for no reason at all!
This game sounds really pointless, and it kind of is; once someone makes it to the center of the board, the game is over and it's really not a competition of any kind, except that you don't want to be penalized! You're just having a grand old time humiliating yourself and watching other people do stupid things! :) I could play this game for hours and never get bored!

No comments:

Post a Comment