Wednesday, March 17, 2010

And I'm on a Roll......

You know those times when you feel like you have moment after moment of embarrassment, or humiliation and they just keep coming?! You can go months without anything and then all of the sudden the floods come and you are a regular clown for everyone around you! I've been having a lot of those moments lately, and I honestly think I could prevent them, but sadly, right now I'm not that smart! :)

On Monday, I stopped at Costco for gas! Everything went without a hitch, I was even able to pull the nozzle clear across my car to the other side (I went to an open one that wasn't on my gas tank side :P) without looking like a fool, and I didn't drip any gas on me! As I went to get back into my car however, I had a problem! I was saying something to one of the attendants that they always have there and didn't realize how close the door was to my face as I opened it! Consequently, I nailed myself in the face with the very corner of the car door! I now have a nice little bruise/cut looking thing below my eye right on my cheek bone on the left side of my face! I guess I got lucky because it didn't turn into a nice old shiner! That would have been a fun one to explain!

This morning at work, I decided to empty all of the recycle bins because they come to empty the cans later on! There's a back door upstairs that is convenient and has nice, sturdy, steel stairs you can walk down and make a lot of noise on! My one mistake was wearing heels today and not thinking through how they were going to slide easily into the holes in those stairs! And yep, they did! The problem was, I wasn't holding onto anything for balance because both of my hands were occupied with the awkwardly shaped recycle container, and that made it near impossible to brace myself and get the shoe back out! The whole rest of the trip down, I had to step on the balls of my feet only, and feel unbalanced, just to avoid another humiliating moment like that!

My last moment was more funny to me than humiliating, except I think I was being mocked, so maybe I should feel dumb! I was driving home from work on the freeway, enjoying the nice weather with my windows open, and singing along to my music as usual! My ipod got to one of my favorite showtune duets, so I turned it up and sang my heart out! I started to notice that on the male part, there was almost a 2nd voice in the background that I'd never heard before, it kind of confused me! As I went to switch lanes, I looked to my side and discovered the source of the mystery, phantom voice! The guy in the lane next to me had his window open and was singing along to my music too! Wow, that was a great moment, it made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment