Monday, March 22, 2010

Guardian Angels?!

I know a kid who seems to be the most accident prone individual you have ever met! In the 9 months that I have known him, he has been in the hospital at least 3 times, and had close calls a lot of other times! He was robbed at gunpoint once, got into a car accident that he is lucky to have survived, had multiple injuries as a result of trying to do too much too soon after the car accident, fallen off of or came close to falling off his roof and recently was robbed again and ended up in the hospital because of stab wounds to his back! And these are only the major ones, there have been lots of little things that he's done to himself also, and all of this in under a year!

When I found out about his most recent encounter with danger, I started thinking about just how lucky this guy is and then my perspective changed a bit! Knowing his personality, values, and lifestyle, I know that he is a very hard person to tempt and truly is a GREAT person! I've decided that he must have a very special role in the Lord's plan and that the adversary must want him out of the game really bad! Somebody has it out for him, and they're not just trying to sway him from the path, they're going to try and take him out of the world completely! Good thing someone else knows that it's not his time, and is watching out for him! There's no other explanation as to why he's survived the things he has and remained all in one piece!

I know this is kind of a um.....weird way to view the situtation, and most people probably wouldn't normally jump to that conclusion! In past years, I've seen many people whose mission on earth was over, and it's hard to accept, and then you see other people like this who face the craziest, scariest situations and come out of it better than before! It just strengthens my testimony that the Lord is very aware of us and is going to keep us safe, and that if we heed his warnings and stay close to him we'll make it through in one piece! Not that we'll be surrounded by a bubble of protection and never have a scratch, but he won't allow us to be taken before it's our time! I'm grateful for that knowledge, and anytime I face a situation that I'm amazed to have come out alive, I'm going to feel blessed, even if I end up in a body cast!

No comments:

Post a Comment