Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My Favorite Things

The other day when I was getting ready for the day, I noticed that one of my products was close to out and I had to order new ones because it's one that I just can't live without! I started thinking about all of the things that I use and really, really love and I made a list!

Joe and I just found the Side Sleeper Pro (as seen on TV) at Bed, Bath and Beyond the other day. I've used it once so far and if I can get myself to stop moving my head to curl down every night, I should be golden! I am a side sleeper, I can't sleep in any other position, I've tried! I was starting to get tension major in my shoulders in the morning, or I'd wake up because those muscles would hurt really bad! I used my side sleepr pro last night, and it was comfortable when I was laying on it the way it told me to. I did find that I have a tendency to tuck my chin down into my neck still, but I'm going to try and break that habit.

I have been using Paul Mitchell Lavendar Mint Shampoo and Conditioner since we did the product launch for it when I was in cosmetology school! That was three years ago! They tell you to switch your product up so your hair doesn't get so used to it, but I tried that two summers ago and I couldn't do it. I gave my hair a month with three different shampoo and conditioners and I was never happy with them. When I switched back to lavendar mint, I felt better again! It's very moisturizing and always makes my hair feel soft and easy to manage. I ran out a couple of weeks ago and had to make do with something else I had for a few days and I was just not happy! I love the smell of the lavendar mint combo too! When all of my roommates up at school were using it there for a while, I loved walking past the bathroom door in the morning, you could always smell it coming from underneath the bathroom door!

I discovered Oil Mattifier a couple of years ago through my Mary Kay consultant. I was sick of my face always looking oily halfway through the day and then having to use those oil remover sheets you can buy. Those never worked completely and I had to use them multiple times a day and refresh my makeup because it would melt off! I even tried being good about my moisturizing, but nothing worked! I use oil mattifier on my eyelids before I put primer on them and on my face! It only takes a little bit, so this product lasts me a while! I sometimes have to refresh my makeup before going out at night if it's been a hot or humid day or I've been really active. My face doesn't ever look oily or wet or greasy anymore though and I don't have makeup all melted into the crease of my eyelid usually. It's my favorite thing!

I didn't think Paul Mitchell's Super Skinny was a favorite product of mine until recently. I love serums and I always have some and I used this when I was in school but it was never something that I got too attached to. I was out of serum once and had gone to buy shampoo and conditioner and decided to kill two birds with one stone and just use Super Skinny for a while! I ran out a couple months ago and started using another professional serum that I had. My hair has not been managable for the last little while and I assumed it was because I needed a haircut. I got that and it still wasn't like I love it but I kept blaming the weather and other things. A few weeks ago I was at the store buying my shampoo and conditioner and decided to buy another bottle of Super Skinny. I used it the next day and my hair was miraculously cured of whatever curse it had before! I was excited! Now I have a new favorite serum!

 I never used a lot of eyeliner until the end of high school I don't think. I usually just had mascara and maybe some eye shadow on. Don't ask me why because now I don't think my makeup looks complete unless I have eyeliner on. I think I just could never find something that I liked to use. Pencils didn't go on very dark and were a pain to try and apply quickly and smoothly. Liquid eyeliner was WAY to dark for me and just went everywhere and would usually be on my brow line by the end of the day. I don't remember when I tried Cover Girl Perfect Point Plus but I haven't ever used anything else. It goes on so smoothly and is the perfect color for me. It's easy to apply but easy to get off if you have too much for your liking. I love the smudge tip on the other end too because I can easily wipe a spot off or make it not so harsh of a line if I want!
I love my Hair, Skin and Nails Vitamins even more now than when I first started taking them. I usually only have noticed a difference in my nails up until recently. I am not really dedicated to taking my vitamins, even though I should be, but I've never been good at remembering to take them daily. I started losing hair all the time. I've seen this at the salon, but it had never happened to me, and it was obnoxious! I would brush through my hair and my brush would be full and need cleaned out. Usually there was never enough hair to even attempt to remove for over a week. I decided it had something to do with medicine I was taking and just dealt with it. Meanwhile, I've become more dedicated to my vitamins the past month and just this week have noticed that my hair no longer falls out. I am giving the credit to my hair, skin and nails vitamins! I'm happy that I finally see a difference both in my nails and my hair and I can truly atest to them working really well! I lose even less hair than I did before!

1 comment:

  1. I may need to try those vitamins because my hair falls out all the time. It drives Micah crazy :) I loved the lavender mint shampoo and conditioner. So GOOD!

    ReplyDelete