"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails."
Well.... soo..... umm..... I have this awesome trait/talent/something called I LOVE to plan things. I plan meals, my day, my workouts, my school stuff, my life. Yep, I definitely have a plan for everything. Sometimes this planning is a weakness and causes problems for me though.
When I didn't get the grade that I needed in my Stats class this past semester to have it count towards my general requirements and keep me on track to get my associates degree at the end of April, I kind of freaked out for a little bit. I started searching and thinking and trying to make plans for spring semester that would get me that quantitative literacy credit and keep my school schedule on track. I went a little insane for a couple of days and really stressed myself out, and then I decided to chill out and just go with the flow. I decided that I needed to stop trying so hard to fit my life around my idea of the perfect school schedule or other plans because it was beginning to take its toll.
Although it is really hard for me to do, I have decided that I need to slow down and be good this coming semester, and summer semester so that I can take some time for myself. I have gotten a little obsessed with my schedule for school and it's starting to take a toll on me and really wear me out. It's affecting my stress levels, my health, etc. No bueno, I don't want to get mono again!
I am starting to feel really good about the fact that I'm not working my butt off for the next 9 months. I'll still have work, and one semester I'll still have classes, but I won't be killing myself off trying to stick to a very strict plan that I've made for myself. I'm hoping that these changes will help me be less stressed, give me more time to work out and eat better, and let me enjoy life a little bit more.
I still have moments when I think about how I have a complete day off of work each week now and how I could really take my math class next semester and finish my associates like I'd planned. When those moments happen, I have to remind myself that it's ok to put myself and my sanity first and I have to do lots of pep talking to suppress all of the random guilt that pops up with those thoughts.
And whenever I get too freaked out about my life not going the way I'd planned, I listen to this song, the Jesse Clark Funk version though.
When I didn't get the grade that I needed in my Stats class this past semester to have it count towards my general requirements and keep me on track to get my associates degree at the end of April, I kind of freaked out for a little bit. I started searching and thinking and trying to make plans for spring semester that would get me that quantitative literacy credit and keep my school schedule on track. I went a little insane for a couple of days and really stressed myself out, and then I decided to chill out and just go with the flow. I decided that I needed to stop trying so hard to fit my life around my idea of the perfect school schedule or other plans because it was beginning to take its toll.
Although it is really hard for me to do, I have decided that I need to slow down and be good this coming semester, and summer semester so that I can take some time for myself. I have gotten a little obsessed with my schedule for school and it's starting to take a toll on me and really wear me out. It's affecting my stress levels, my health, etc. No bueno, I don't want to get mono again!
I am starting to feel really good about the fact that I'm not working my butt off for the next 9 months. I'll still have work, and one semester I'll still have classes, but I won't be killing myself off trying to stick to a very strict plan that I've made for myself. I'm hoping that these changes will help me be less stressed, give me more time to work out and eat better, and let me enjoy life a little bit more.
I still have moments when I think about how I have a complete day off of work each week now and how I could really take my math class next semester and finish my associates like I'd planned. When those moments happen, I have to remind myself that it's ok to put myself and my sanity first and I have to do lots of pep talking to suppress all of the random guilt that pops up with those thoughts.
And whenever I get too freaked out about my life not going the way I'd planned, I listen to this song, the Jesse Clark Funk version though.











No comments:
Post a Comment