Thursday, January 10, 2013

My 2013 Goals

Spiritual
- I will put more time and effort into studying for my young women's lessons, keeping the girls in mind as I do.
- I will actively listen and get the most out of my Sunday meetings every week. I will learn something and take it home with me to apply to the coming week.
- I will make visiting teaching something that I look forward to and want to do every month. I will look for ways to serve or include my visiting teaching friends all throughout the month.
- I will be more diligent with my scripture study and remember that it's more important than my homework.
- I will stay aware of promptings and act on them.


Marriage
- I will spend quality time with my husband every day, no matter what our schedules are like and how short the time is.
- I will stop letting my stresses and frustrations affect how I treat my husband, and I won't use them as an excuse.
- I will have one date night a week with my husband.
- I will not always be in my pajamas or comfy clothes when I see him. I will try to dress up and look pretty for him, even if we're not going out on our date.
- I will look for ways every day that I can serve him and show him that I care.


Physical
- I will get healthy this year and get my prediabetic stuff under control. I will put being healthy above my crazy schedule and remember that comes first.
- I will do some sort of physical exercise every day. I will be more active and move more throughout the day, despite homework and my desk job.
- I will eat more healthy. I will stop munching when I'm bored. I will minimize junk food eating. I will only eat out once a week.
- I will be happy with who I am and how I look. As long as I'm making healthy choices and exercising, I will know that I am beautiful!
- I will eat more vegetables and find ways to make them yummier to me.


Education
- I will get a 4.0 this year. Hopefully this semester when I don't have any ridiculous classes.
- I will work my hardest on my homework so that I know at the end of it all that I've done my best and never threw in the towel on a class.
- I will get my associates degree in December.
- I will pass my Stats class, no matter what it takes.
- I will stop pushing myself so hard to follow a timeline and worry more about taking my time and doing my best in each of my classes.

Financial
- I will be aware of what I am spending my money on and think about it before I do.
- I will make better use of coupons, sales and gift cards so that I can get the most bang for my buck.
- I will stick to my eating out/fun money budget each month so that we can save more.
- I will stay excited about saving money and remember our ultimate goal.
- I will only buy and spend what I plan when I go clothes, craft, etc. shopping and not let myself get carried away like I tend to do.


Misc.
- I will be a better friend. I will stay in touch with friends and keep up on what is going on in their lives.
- I will be a better sister and daughter. I will spend more time with my family and accept invites to do things even if I could spend that time doing personal projects or studying.
- I will write in my journal at the end of every day, as part of my bedtime routine so that I don't have to play catch up months down the road.
- I will make the most of my free time and use it to do more fun things rather than working on so many menial projects.
- I will live life and enjoy it to the fullest!

1 comment: