November 17: A Room
The room that I'm thankful for doesn't even exist yet, but I dream about it all the time. Music is a big part of my life and in my future house, there will be one room dedicated to music and decorated accordingly. I dream of it having a baby grand piano, a comfy couch and chairs and whatever other instruments my future children decide to pursue. I have an entire Pinterest board to brainstorm how I want it to look. I may be more excited about that room than my future kitchen.
I saw this article floating around Facebook the other day about a woman who took her neighbor to court claiming she was damaged after having to listen to that neighbor (who was a concert pianist) practice for 8 hours a day, every day for years. Said neighbor was facing up to seven years in jail for her noise pollution. I couldn't help but laugh! Growing up, every single one of my five siblings and I played at least one instrument, if not more. Our house was filled with constant music. Every one of us played the piano to some extent (even my dad), some of us learned the organ (yes, we had one), flutes, violins, drums, guitars, saxophones, singing, there was never a shortage of music. I don't know how anyone can listen to music and be grumpy about it.
I'm thankful for my music, and for the music room in our future home that my husband has been told is non negotiable. It will be my escape and my happy place one day! :)











No comments:
Post a Comment