November 5: A Talent You Have
It's not one of my favorite songs, but the lyrics say it all. All my life I've been involved in music of some kind and I don't know what I'd do without it! I've played piano for as long as I can remember, and although it's not my favorite thing in the world, I appreciate it because I can sit down and accompany myself to sing whenever I want. I had a brief stint with the violin in 6th grade, but we didn't get along, so I dropped that. All through Jr. High, I was in band and played the flute, and I loved being a band geek. I have also been involved in choirs (church and school) for a long time. In high school I gave up band (and consequently stopped practicing my flute) so that I would have more time for choir. Advanced/show choirs were my favorite thing, I loved every minute of them.
I still sing on a regular basis and while I wish I were still taking voice lessons so that I could improve my skill and have a reason to sing every single day, I'm thankful for everything that I've learned over the years so I can keep up my talent on my own. One day I'll go back because I miss voice lessons the most, but for now, I try to be content with what I have!
For your viewing pleasure, here is one of my performances after voice lessons a year and a half ago. There is still a lot that I want to work on, I critique myself every time I watch this video, but we're all our worst critics right?!











Amberly you are seriously so talented.
ReplyDeleteYou have a beautiful voice! :)
ReplyDeleteBeing able to sing is a talent I wish I had! But it's also nice to just be able to sit back and enjoy other's voices, like your own!
ReplyDelete