November 2: A Role You've Played
I have a lot of roles in my life. I'm a student, friend, daughter, sister, daughter-in-law, sister-in-law, office manager, stylist, puppy mom, aunt, cousin, etc. I am a lot of things to a lot of different people, but my favorite role and the one I am thankful for today is my role as a wife!
Marriage is frustrating, it is stressful, it's hard, it's a challenge and it's a constant learning experience. But marriage is one of the most rewarding, fun, exciting adventures I've ever been on.
I'm grateful for my best friend who is with me for the rest of our journey here on earth and for eternity. I have someone to share my stress and my happiness with. A man who listens to my dreams and plans and who wants me to be the best that I can be!
After being graduated from high school for a few years, I got frustrated because I was sure I would have found the one by then. But I learned that it's not my timing, it's the Lord's and the second I made plans and started to enjoy single life, Joe came along!
I love date nights with my husband, I love having someone special to come home to every day, I love my wifely duties like cooking and cleaning (even though I've been lazy with them lately), I love having my own little family to start traditions with, and I love being married!
It may be overwhelming sometimes and I start to feel inferior and like I'm the worst wife ever. But I love my role and I am constantly striving to be better at it!
You can read more about our marriage over here @ Life with Amberly and Joe!











It is a role to be celebrated for sure! I'm totally with you on how frustrating and stressful it can be, but also the rewarding and fun part of it. It's easy to beat ourselves up when it comes to our shortcomings, but it also shows we value it and still want to be better. Great role choice!
ReplyDelete