November 3: A Place
I am thankful for my car, it is my favorite place to escape to. On my commute to and from work each day, I'm completely on my own. I don't have to have a conversation with anyone (unless I call Joe or my mom on the way home), I'm free to listen to whatever I want, and it's a great time to collect my thoughts.
When I was single, if I would get upset about something or needed time to myself without any interruptions, I jumped in my car and drove. I had certain songs I would listen to and places that I loved to drive past. I don't take long drives like I used to, but my car is still a sanctuary for me.
I usually come up with my best ideas while I'm driving, which isn't really convenient because I can't write them down or anything. When I need a really good cry, it usually happens in my car while I'm listening to music that either reflects how I'm feeling or attempts to make me feel better. And when I'm in the mood to sing, I can rock out in my car and be as silly as I want because there is nobody there to judge me.
My car is my safe place.












Oh yes exactly the same. Such a safe place!! Love moments in the car...and yup listening to music, tears come out because you get so overwhelmed and into the song it becomes emotional haha....those poor people who see me singing at the traffic lights :D
ReplyDeleteAhh I totally agree! My car is my escape! I love taking long trips with my husband but I also love taking long trips by myself. There's not much better than driving down the highway with music blaring. And I almost always cry in the car!
ReplyDelete